Sunday, November 2, 2008

Jed's Lab



We visited Jed in October to celebrate his 31st birthday. These photos are from his NIST lab. One is a photo of the fridge running experiments and the other photo is of the software Jed created to take data from the cubits in the fridge. On this tour we had photo id's and more security than during previous visits. It was fun to see his physics friends again. They were all working hard to prepare for a site inspection which included reports from each member of the team.

It was rainy and cold in Boulder; this weather was followed by warm weather the day we flew home.

Jed's birthday dinner was ribs, salad and cheesecake. Guests included Cory and Nate (roommate).

We saw Eagle Eye (the movie) and Jed bought new black cowboy boots with his birthday money.

2 comments:

Whittaker Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whittaker Family said...

Yep, lots of nerdulation going on here at NIST. It was a fun weekend, with lots of good food. A clarification on the cowboy boots - mom has been repeatedly suggesting I buy some black ones to wear to church because I don't think she could bear another Sunday with me wearing my brown ones. The tables have turned, and now my parents are embarrassed by me! HA! I do like my new boots, though.
-Jed