Monday, May 11, 2009

Moonshine Wash

On Saturday Andrew and I did Moonshine wash. We were able to just walk into this canyon. Here is the start of the slot:
There is a sweet bridge over the narrows where shepherds used to cross. I've seen sheep walk, and this doesn't look like a great idea:
Here is a view showing how far up it is (about 100 feet):
Instead of hiking the rest of the wash in the blazing sun, we exited through a short slot canyon spur. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the cement tanks that were part of the prohibition-era distillery from which the wash gets its name, but we did see them. Here is a picture looking down into the wash from the side canyon. You can see a little bit of green from the wash.
Andrew and I are the best of friends. We do everything together.

1 comment:

CJ said...

I want to go SO bad. I miss the desert.